Thursday 8 March 2012

Little People Belittle People


One should never judge another person’s professionalism. Unless they become drug overlords or smuggle beautiful white Sundanese females, then basically they’re doing fine. Even lawyers who represent alleged corrupters shouldn’t be deemed as the Devil’s apprentice because, let’s face it, they’re not sentenced yet and therefore aren’t ‘guilty’.

So what right does one have to judge others’ way of earning a living? None. Even if that One has different political views from the judged person? Of course.

Hypothetically speaking, if I were to pledge myself supporting Faisal Basri –hypothetical because I won’t be choosing. Not a Jakartan- then I won’t have any right claiming that Iman is a political whore merely because he give strategies –the type of strategies are including but not limited to, let’s say, hypothetically speaking, social media- to Alex Noerdin, Nono Sampono, or even Bang Foke just because I don’t like those three names.

Should I belittle him as a lesser being personally, maybe. But to pass judgments, failed judgments, as to how he works are just horrendous. The man is merely being a professional, and I, while continuously giving him harsh judgments, am becoming the belittled person I curse Iman as.

Iman should not take my so-called idealism into heart, because he will also drown in the boggled mind that I am in. Instead, befriend me as he always has and show me who the bigger person is.

Of course, if that last sentence were to happen, it would be the other way around.

No comments:

Post a Comment