Wednesday 15 June 2011

Blatant If You May. Apologise, You Shall Do.... Not!!!

If there's one thing I despise about Indonesia, is their lack of sense in 'good' humor. I despise it so much, it makes me wanna puke.

Selasa malam, gue membuat suatu kesalahan. Begitu lah kata beberapa orang. Gue menulis UNiversitas PAsti Doktor untuk merujuk kepada UNPAD (Universitas Padjadjaran) di Twitter. 'Salahnya', gue nulis itu bukan di akun pribadi gue, tapi di akun bareng-bareng. Gue juga mempertanyakan sih, itu aku masih bareng-bareng atau ngga. Karena ternyata gue doang yang aktif posting di sana. Well anyway, tindakan itu mengundang kritik, bahkan cacian dari beberapa orang Unpad yang follow akun itu. Ada yang minta gue minta maaf. Harus kah gue minta maaf?

Terus terang, gue males nanggepin segerombolan orang-orang sensitif yang -menurut @HukumYeah- Esprit de Corps-nya terlalu tinggi. Bahkan lebay menurut gue. Kalo ada yang mau hina-hina UI atau SMA gue, gue ga masalah. Akan gue ikutin aja mereka. Toh UI pun ga bagus-bagus amat. Walaupun gue udah bilang itu tanggapan bercandaan terhadap tweet @HukumYeah, masiiiiiiihhh aja ada yang mbacot.

Akhirnya, gue minta maaf. But I won't go down that easily. I had to pinch those sorry asses, even for a little bit. My dear friend Fina said that while I'm underestimating them, I'm also making myself look big. In her Twitter account she also mentioned something about disrespecting others and something (I won't dare reckon that was for me :p). But honestly, I wasn't underestimating them. Nope, I'm simply stating a fact.

I'm stating a fact that not all Indonesians can accept blatant comedy. Hell, not all Indonesian can be verbally blatant or addressed blatantly. Most Indonesians are, if I may use the terms, 'sensi' and easily react 'lebay'-ey. Most Indonesians are blinded by the concept of 'toto kromo' and what-not, that sometimes they look stupid. Shielding behind the rusted concept and picking on those who dare speak -or in my case, joke- blatantly.

I despise stupidity. Really. I'm not saying that I'm the smartest lad in the universe, no. I just hate stupidity, and hence, I hate stupid people. I despise the gobloks more than the maleses. Even more, I despise sensi and lebay people the most. Can't they just have a good time and enjoy laughing at other people and -okay, not every person can do this- themselves?

I will not, I emphasise, I will not apologise for others lack in sense of humor or reference. If you want to argue with me, you better come up with good arguments. I will gladly admit my err if the argument can not be rebutted. Otherwise, your words will be in the bottom of my Trash icon. Then emptied.

As The Joker in The Dark Knight puts it, why so serious? Or rather, why so stupid?

No comments:

Post a Comment